Microsoft 365 Administrator’s Security Toolkit: Configuring Security Features
These six lessons, designed to help Microsoft 365 administrators, will help your organization move toward more sophisticated security, authentication, and control of your organization’s data.
This is an intermediate level course for Microsoft 365 administrators at nonprofit organizations. Here are a few prerequisites:
- You have a working knowledge of Microsoft 365 security tools. If not, please take the basic level of this series, then continue to this course.
- You know how to access the administrative control panel, set up users, manage licensing, and manage email accounts.
- You have a security mindset, with ability to weigh the tradeoffs between security and convenience or productivity.
If you are accustomed to using Active Directory and third-party apps to manage data security, you might be happy to discover what’s possible using Microsoft 365. This is a great course to take when you are preparing to take your final step into the cloud, replacing your on-premise domain controller with Microsoft 365 tools.
Topics covered include:
- Tips for turning on multi-factor authentication, Intune, and Microsoft Information Protection
- Ways to tidy up your licenses and accounts
- Special considerations for health service providers and organizations serving vulnerable populations
Upon completing this course, you will be able to make a plan for configuring security features in Microsoft 365. You will be aware of some common mistakes to avoid, and you will be equipped to seek expert help when appropriate.